This class utilizes the two-speed approach previously applied to Rhythm Changes, to deal with another essential jazz progression, from first principles through to advanced variants.
A “Two-Speed” Approach to Blues
Following on from a customer suggestion (thanks Ray!), this class utilizes the two-speed approach previously applied to Rhythm Changes, to deal with another essential jazz progression, from first principles through to advanced variants. Players at all levels should find something beneficial amongst nearly 1hr 50mins of detailed material.
- Discussion of the essential blues vocabulary. Forget the so-called “blues scale” – there’s much more to the sound than that!
- Demonstration of the classic “Kenny Burrell” sound, over a simple I, IV, V chord progression.
- Learn how the standard “jazz blues” changes differ from this, and how to bring out the crucial changes in your solo lines.
- Learn how to use a variety of harmonic techniques to get “outside” the changes and create real tension in your blues lines.
- Analysis of ten different variant blues progressions, as recorded by the jazz blues greats.
- A close look at two brand new blues-based compositions, which show how the essential format can still be manipulated into an infinite range of variations.
- Synchronized on-screen captions.
- Detailed PDF, including transcribed examples and lots more.
- Running Time: 1hr 50min
|Blues - A Two Speed Approach|
|Blues – A Two Speed Approach||01:48:00|