In this masterclass, discover Sid Jacob’s personal takeaways from exploring Jimmy Wyble’s Etude Five. Sid explains his fingerings, how the voices move to both address the harmony and how it creates strong contrapuntal melodic phrases. You’ll also get to watch as Sid stretches out on the piece using the lessons that Jimmy Wyble has embedded in the composition.
Jimmy himself said that:
“I think number five is my favorite because it best seems to exemplify the title – Classical/Country. It has a kind of funky country feeling for most of the piece, but one part – section B – gets a very classical sound.”
By learning this etude (even in small segments), you will develop:
- contrapuntal (two-part) guitar technique
- technical facility for both hands
- interesting ways to outline chord changes
- solo guitar technique beyond standard chord melody
Even if you don’t sight read, the newly tabbed version of the etude will help you navigate through your favorite sections of this piece.
If you enjoy Sid’s playing or have worked on any of Jimmy’s other etudes, this is a great addition for your next practice session!
- 6 Pages of PDF materials in standard notation (Jimmy’s original notation of this etude).
- 3 Pages in standard notation & TAB (Brand new)
- Full video is 10 minutes
- Soundslice Enhanced