It is a study on exploring Bebop Scales through mapping harmonically and scale-wise a tune, in this case, the standard Stella by Starlight, following up on the first Chroma Zone lesson that was an introduction to bebop scales, this one is a study on how to practice and integrate bebop scales into one`s playing by visualizing the harmonic and melodic content of a tune in specific areas on the guitar.
- Visualizing the melody and harmony of the tune in one area as two sides of the same coin.
- Mapping out the tune with Bebop scales
- Dominant(Mixolydian and Myxolidian B9B13) Bebop Scales shapes in 4 positions
- Practicing Bebop scales starting from the root, third, fifth and flat seventh
- Technical tips ( sweep picking and legato) on how to play the triplet
- An introduction to the concepts of syntactical and non-syntactical aspects of music.
- Why do I call a note Cb?
Sub-topic 1 Bebop Scales
Sub-topic 2 Sweep and Legato for triplets
Sub-topic 3 Harmonic Mapping and Melodic Visualization of Stella
INTERMEDIATE / ADVANCED