In this master class, discover how Randy Johnston takes this Wes Montgomery classic and puts his own twist on it. You will learn not only learn the chord changes but also Randy’s own personal strategies for soloing on it. Navigate through this tune with more confidence at your next gig or jam session.
Randy will show you:
• Ideas for simplifying II-V single note lines
• Minor Vs. Dominant Vs. Blues Ideas
• Visualisation techniques for playing Wes style octave solos
• Wes Block Chord Style Soloing Basics
• Which Chord Fingerings Work Better (and Why)
• Two Arrangers’ Techniques to Imitate The Big Band Sound
If you finally want to master this tune, this masterclass will give you actionable ideas you can use immediately. As with all of Randy’s classes, there is no filler material! This is the stuff he uses when he plays and these ideas sound good!
- 3 Pages of PDF materials in standard notation.
- Full video is 1 hour.